iStock has announced it is increasing the download targets set for exclusive contributors by 10%, this will come into effect on January 1, 2018. Therefore to reach the top tier royalty rate of 45% for photos, a contributor will have to receive a total of 330,000 downloads instead of 300,000 downloads. This is a superb incentive from iStock for their exclusive contributors, as they realize that contributors will be far happier chasing their goals than reaching them. After all it’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey. I believe that the Getty owned company regards itself as a father figure and like all good fathers iStock actually wants to teach their contributors valuable lessons in life, which is really very sweet. To honor iStock’s move I’ve compiled a motivator list for all iStock contributors written in the essence of iStock’s good will. I am certain they will love this and add it to their contributor section, I’m always the optimist 😉
So here we go. Get ready to be motivated.
- Do something today that your future self will laugh at.
- You are never too old to be given a new goal.
- Sometimes by winning a battle you find a new way to lose the war.
- If you reach the top of the mountain don’t look at your accomplishment, look up to the sky and keep climbing towards the sun.
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there, but better to not make any estimates and just say you’re on a long journey.
- Success is only skin deep, true failure goes to the bone.
- Always give up before you’re ahead.
- If a bird shits on your car hood, don’t get upset, instead teach the bird that it’s more rewarding to aim for more difficult targets, so open up your sunroof.
- If at first you don’t succeed, move the target further away, so that your failures will feel less significant.
- You miss 100% of the shots you take.
- When you feel like quitting, quit.
- The journey is more important than the destination, especially when the destination is unknown.
- Today I will do what others won’t, tomorrow I will join the others.
- A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what others want him to do.
- If you’re tired of starting over, go back to the beginning and start afresh.
- If you can dream it, just stay in bed.
- The secret to getting ahead remains a secret.
- No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way behind anyone who hasn’t tried.
- The difference between impossible and possible is a moving target.
- Money is not going to make you happy so give most of your money to large multinational companies and repeat all the points above, but this time try smiling.
Can you think of any tips for iStockers?